I'm an aging computer geek who wanted to balance my karma as a Gramps user.
After posting to the Gramps-User maillist & doing some proofreader edits of the wiki, I fell into the MediaWiki abyss. It seemed that every page I wanted to create (or expand) required tweakng a multitude of linked pages. Or I needed to build base reference pages that could be linked before the page grew excessively detailed and pedantic. I'm still clawing myself out of that abyss.
My preferred eMail account name is emYOUlation and is on Yahoo.com mail system. (Yes, it was a deliberate mispelling of emulation. This had been intended to be a SPAM CatchAll account.)
My growing Wiki ToDo list:
- The Gramps Glossary
- PseudonymTree.gramps for testing filter & graphing
- Collating WikiContributor references
- Consolidating Translator references
interesting article on Localization & Internationalization for Word Press
Outstanding small targets
- Clean bug report 11634 & patch from Remove Unused Object wiki page when Gramps 5.1.3 released
- Roles, Relationships & Associations - a cross-reference of options characterizing a Person's participation in an Event
- Boil down 'Object' for glossary
- Verifying the Addons pages list all addons
- build an external parser (perhaps using a macro language) for the hosted addon file update file to generate a Table for the addons list page (this might be a pipedream)
- cultivating a Transclusion (transcribed inclusion) to be more helpful when recycling and starting a new page in a tutorial WikiPage
- build something to make summarizing a maillist thread discussion less_intimidating/more_inviting.
- Find a way to consolidate translated pages indexed in Category & mask obsolete versions
- Revise Download page to reduce overload
- revise "How do I...?" template and add to
Pages to expand
Filters, Tags, output formats, icons and iconsets