Web Solutions for Gramps
Wiki pages about creating web content using Gramps
Interactive web apps
Gramps Web is a web app developed by the Gramps community that allows to collaboratively edit a Gramps family tree database using the same code base as Gramps Desktop. It can be snychronized with Gramps Desktop via an addon and can import and export genealogical data in all formats supported by Gramps.
Reports that build uploadable pages
- Web pages -> Ancestral Collapsible Tree... (D3 addon)
- Web pages -> Ancestral Fan Chart... (D3 addon)
- Web pages -> DenominoVisio... (addon)
- Web pages -> Descendant Indented Tree... (D3 addon)
- Web pages -> Dynamic Web Report...
- Web pages -> Heatmap... (addon)
- Web pages -> Narrated Web Site...
- Web pages -> Network Chart... (addon)
- Web pages -> Timeline Pedigree Report...
- Web pages -> Web Calendar...
External tools that leverage Gramps XML
- Betty - static site generator for Gramps XML and GEDCOM family trees by Bart Feenstra
Export to an uploadable format with a web browser
- GEDCOM formats
- GeneWeb format - GenWeb is free, open source genealogy software written in OCaml by Daniel de Rauglaudre running on a lightweight webserver for Unix, Linux, Microsoft Windows and macOS platforms.
- Web Family Tree format - Web Family Tree genealogy freeware by Peter Moylan (OS/2 webserver based)
- gramps-online - A simple online version of Gramps.
- django-webapp - version of Gramps on the web (2015) Django based
- GEPS 13: Gramps Webapp
- gramps_connect - Experimental web-based application for genealogy (2016)
- gPrime - an open source genealogy project built on top of JupyterLab and Gramps. (2020)
- Legacy version of the Gramps Webapp, precursor of Gramps Web (2020)
Data Scrapers poll web sources for importable data. They recognize structured data in one source and crosswalk it to the corresponding data structure in a destination. (The destination could be a file format... Like GEDCOM... or an application... like Gramps.)
- Tools > Family Tree Processing -> Import Geneanet data for Gramps...
- Tools -> Utilities -> Download media files from the internet...
Finding Aids do contextual lookups of structured data in a database in another system. Like might be looking up a person by given name, surname and years of birth/death; or by an archived reference ID.
- Web Connect Pack - person view website lookups via contextual popup menu
- DE (Deutsch) Web Connect Pack
- FR (French) Web Connect Pack
- NL (Netherlands) Web Connect Pack
- RU (Russian) Web Connect Pack
- UK (United Kingdom) Web Connect Pack
- US (United States) Web Connect Pack