Web Solutions for Gramps
Wiki pages about creating web content using Gramps
- How to: Make a (static) genealogy website with Gramps via the Reports -> Web pages -> Narrated Web Site...
Interactive web apps
Gramps Web is a web app developed by the Gramps community that allows authorized users to collaboratively edit a network Gramps family tree database using the same code base as Gramps Desktop.
Gramps Web Sync
Gramps Web Sync addon synchronizes the Gramps Web online database with Gramps Desktop from the Tools -> Family Tree Processing submenu. It supports import and export of genealogical data in all formats supported by Gramps.
See the Gramps Web Sync project on GitHub to give feedback.
Reports that build uploadable pages
Narrated Web Site
The Narrated Web Site... creates an entire website of uploadable linked webpages.
Under the Reports -> Web pages -> submenu:
External tools that leverage Gramps XML
Betty - static site generator for Gramps XML and GEDCOM family trees by Bart Feenstra
Export to an uploadable format with a web browser
- GEDCOM formats
Data Scrapers poll web sources for importable data. They recognize structured data in one source and crosswalk it to the corresponding data structure in a destination. (The destination could be a file format... Like GEDCOM... or an application... like Gramps.)
Finding Aids do contextual lookups of structured data in a database in another system. Like might be looking up a person by given name, surname and years of birth/death; or by an archived reference ID.
- Web Connect Pack - person view website lookups via contextual popup menu
- DE (Deutsch) Web Connect Pack
- FR (French) Web Connect Pack
- NL (Netherlands) Web Connect Pack
- RU (Russian) Web Connect Pack
- UK (United Kingdom) Web Connect Pack
- US (United States) Web Connect Pack
- gramps-online - A simple online version of Gramps.
- django-webapp - version of Gramps on the web (2015) Django based
- GEPS 13: Gramps Webapp (based on Gramps-Connect)
- gramps_connect - Experimental web-based application for genealogy (2016)
- gPrime - an open source genealogy project built on top of JupyterLab and Gramps. (2020)
- Legacy version of the Gramps Webapp, precursor of Gramps Web (2020)