2021-12-04 - Sorry the Gramps wiki is currently being upgraded to a newer software version. Please check back after the 2021-12-08. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Hi, would you like to unprotect redirect pages:
Offer of Help for the wiki
Hi Romjerome, would you like some help with cleaning up the spam? Gioto 01:48, 20 November 2011 (MST)
GEPS-0065: Using Setup
Trying to create a new page gives the following error
You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason:
There is an extra space in the title of the page MediaWiki:Startpage label /fr (but even if it were moved to MediaWiki:Startpage label/fr, I don't think it would work, because what goes there is the text, not the "href" of the link which appears in the sidebar).
Could you create the following pages to make the text of the sidebar links available in pt-BR?
- MediaWiki:mainpage_label/pt-br: Wiki
- MediaWiki:download_label/pt-br: Baixar
- MediaWiki:installation_label/pt-br: Instalação
- MediaWiki:usegramps_label/pt-br: Documentação
- MediaWiki:genealogy_label/pt-br: Genealogia
- MediaWiki:blogwebpage_label/pt-br: Blog
- MediaWiki:bugs_label/pt-br: Relatar bugs
- MediaWiki:contact_label/pt-br: Contatar
- MediaWiki:developers_label/pt-br: Desenvolvedores
- MediaWiki:translators_label/pt-br: Tradutores
- MediaWiki:community_label/pt-br: Comunidade
- MediaWiki:Site support/pt-br: Apoiar o site
- See also Gramps:Side_bar_translation. Romjerome (talk) 05:41, 24 March 2014 (MST)
- There is one more item to fix: on MediaWiki:Sidebar there is the line "
* wiki" which should be "
* Wiki" to make the capitalization of the titles consistent on Vector skin. Helder (talk) 07:06, 23 April 2014 (MST)
Text is too small on Vector skin
I noticed the Brazilian Portuguese pages are being created with a suffix "/pt-BR" on this wiki. However, the MediaWiki software uses lower case suffixes for localization (e.g. MediaWiki:Help/pt-br instead of MediaWiki:Help/pt-BR), and multilingual projects such as Wikimedia Commons also use lower case for translations made using subpages. Notice also how a code like "zh-yue" is in lowercase on meta:List of wikipedias. As such, I would suggest a migration from the current names to "/pt-br". This would require a few existing pages to be moved, and updates to some templates (such as Template:Languages), but would make the translation system more consistent. Helder (talk) 08:22, 23 April 2014 (MST)