Difference between revisions of "User:GaryGriffin"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 00:09, 6 September 2020
This is a Third-party Addon.
Please use carefully on data that is backed up, and help make it better by reporting any comments or problems to the author, or issues to the bug tracker
The DNA gramplet is designed to create a graph of shared DNA segments. To specify shared segments between 2 people, create an Association for one person (Person A) with another Person (Person B) of the type DNA. Create a Note in the Association with the shared segment data. The format of the Note is a comma separated list in the order: Chromosome Number, Start Segment, End Segment, flag for maternal/paternal side, shared length in cMs.
The paternal/maternal flag should be
Sites like GEDmatch make this shared chromosome data available. There can be additional Associations between Person A and Person C et cetera as known. A sample set of data in one Note is shown below.
3,56950055,64247327,M,10.9 9,23087926,31116823,M,10.2 9,74923489,107731789,M,40.0 11,25878681,35508918,M,9.9 12,129481599,133491098,M,12.4 15,35444614,64710827,M,33.3 1,48053426,68837810,M,24.6 1,72956037,87857969,M,13.4 3,69656569,74563488,M,9.0 6,6179882,15400114,M,18.5
Create an Association of type DNA as described in the Association page to Person A. Add a Note with the DNA shared segment data.
Save the Association.
Add more associations as known. Each would be associated to a different person and have a different Note.
Add the DNA gramplet to the Person view. Select the DNA tab. The segment map will be color coded by associated person. The P side is the top portion and the M side is the bottom portion for each chromosome. If the segment side is unknown, the segment will cover both the top and bottom portions of the chromosome and be 50% transparent.
Hovering the cursor over a known segment will pop up the name of the associated person and the length (in cMs) of the shared segment.
- If the Chromosome Number is not in the range (1, 2, ..., 22, X) it is ignored.
- If there is a Most Recent Common Ancestor (MRCA), that relationship is used instead of the maternal/paternal flag. If the MRCA is thru the maternal side, then M is used independent of what is in the data file. If there are multiple paths to a common ancestor, the closest found is used.
- To create a segment map for Person A, you need to add associations to Person A. There is no reciprocal relationship for Person B - that is, there is no segment map for Person B, only for Person A. You can execute the Addon:SyncAssociation addon to create any missing reciprocal relationships.
- Color code for each associated person in the map is consistent but not user-specified. The first Association will always be the same color.
- Help link goes to https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Gramps_5.1_Wiki_Manual_-_Gramplets#DNA
- Source code - Unlisted Gramplet you need to manually download and install ( include_in_listing = False ) https://github.com/gramps-project/addons/raw/master/gramps51/download/DNA.addon.tgz
- Addon:SyncAssociation - For every Association, if there is not a reciprocal Association it is created. That is, if there is a DNA Association with a Note for A to B, then if there is not a DNA Association with B to A, it will be created with the Note.
- Roles, Relationships & Associations