Resources and related sites
This page contains resources and internet sites that may be of interest to genealogy enthusiasts. If you have a site you would like to add, please do so.
- Campbelltown District Family History Society Inc (NSW, Australia). We are a community organisation born out of the need to help others in our area learn how to do their genealogical research. We also raise money to help provide more resources in the local library's Family History Room.
- Cornwall Online Parish Clerks. This is an informal group of Genealogists who voluntarily assist others by doing lookups of U.K. records we have collected over the years. They call themselves "online parish clerks" because the major resources they use are the (ecclesiastical) parish records of births, deaths and marriages. The group concentrates on Cornwall.
Family information sites
- Ann Forbes (First Fleet Convict) and Descendants. This site is for Ann Forbes' descendants. Ann was a First Fleet Convict who arrived in Australia on the 'Prince of Wales' in 1788. There are now many thousands of descendants and quite a lot of us are very interested in her life, times and family.
- Braiding/Rhodes. This website covers the Braiding Family that came from the Isle of Wight in England to Australia in the 1800's and the Rhodes Family that came from Kent in England to Australia around the early 1880's.
General information sites
- GENUKI presents a large collection of genealogical information pages for England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, the Channel Islands, and the Isle of Man.
- RootsWeb is the Internet's oldest and largest FREE genealogical community.
- Wikipedia is a useful resource for sourcing place names and their histories. Text, maps and related images are available under the GNU Free Documentation License or a similar, freely distributable licence.
- Public Record Office Victoria: this site provides a wide range of services to enable researchers to access the public records of Victoria. Links to immigration and emmigration records such as the Index to Registers of Assisted British Immigrants 1839-1871 and Index of Inward Passenger Lists for British, Foreign and New Zealand Ports 1852-1923
- Cameron genealogies: this website celebrates those who descend from the Clan of the name of Cameron, in Australia.
- Cemeteries of S.W. Victoria: a useful collection of cemetery records. Keep in mind that before 1851, Victoria did not exist and the area was known as New South Wales.
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission: the Debt of Honour Register is the Commission's database listing the 1.7 million men and women of the Commonwealth forces who died during the two world wars... The register can also be searched for details of the 67,000 Commonwealth civilians who died as a result of enemy action in the Second World War.
- First Fleet is a searchable database from the University of Wollongong. A text listing of the first three fleets is also available.