This is a Third-party Addon.
Please use carefully on data that is backed up, and help make it better by reporting any comments or problems to the author, or issues to the bug tracker
The InformationGraph plugin only works with Gramps 3.2
Please update or expand this section.
InformationGraph is a report plugin to generate detailed Graphviz graphs of a database. It is intended to allow effectively dumping of a database or select parts of the database, onto dead wood (paper).
Download and Manually install the Addon:
- http://pkl.net/~node/software/GVInformationGraph.py (Last updated: 01-Aug-2009 )
- Archived copy File:GVInformationGraph.zip
- Dump as much information as possible for each person and event into the node:
- Date and place of birth
- Date and cause of death
- All other events (Residences, Graduations, etc)
- Date and place of marriage
- Possibly references to sources of information
- Changing the date stringification to print a more human-friendly date. Eg, "16th December, 1842"; "June quarter, 1912"; "about 1875"
- Include edges for non-primary event participants, eg, Witness, Minister, etc.
- Add labels for non-standard child relationship edges, or modify style in some way to indicate different types, eg, Adopted, Step child, etc.
- Use a method similar to the FamilyLines plugin to specify a list of people to start spidering over the database from. Also include a list of people not to spider beyond. This will allow dumps of one side of a family tree.
Features to be implemented
- Include a legend for edge and node types
- Have the ability to store profiles of spider settings. Eg, "Mum's family", "Dad's family", "Everyone".