There are several ways that users can support the GRAMPS project, both financially and non-financially. Since the project is not trying to make a profit, please consider the non-financial ways as well.
If you would like to make a financial contribution, you could:
- Make a contribution to the GRAMPS project. Money raised by donations to the project will be used to fund the GRAMPS website and the services it offers to its users.
- Make a contribution to the Electronic Frontier Foundation. The EFF is a group that works to preserve your rights in the digital world.
- Make a contribution to the One Laptop Per Child Foundation. The OLPC Foundation is working on providing durable, low cost laptops available for education purposes to the children of the underdeveloped areas of the world.
- Make a contribution to the Free Software Foundation. The Free Software Foundation is dedicated to promoting computer users' rights to use, study, copy, modify, and redistribute computer programs.
You can help out the GRAMPS project with contributions of your time and efforts. This includes:
- Helping us develop code
- Helping us write the manual
- Translate the program into your native language
- Help add content to the web site
- Participate in the mailing lists and IRC channel
- Help us improve the program by helping to track down bugs, develop test cases, and assist other users.