GEPS 037: Support GEDCOM X
The purpose of this GEPS is to provide a proposal to support the GEDCOM X file format.
Example GEDCOM X file
- TODO# Find an example .gedx files and link to those. Developers will need concrete examples to test and examine. Maybe create or find a "GEDCOMX tourture test" so that we can exercise an importer and exporter.
GEDCOM X compatability with Gramps XML format
- TODO# Document and explore:
- Does GEDCOMX support all of Gramps?
- Does Gramps support all of GEDCOMX?
For the older version of GEDCOM see Gramps_and_GEDCOM
- GEDCOM X is a set of open specifications for exchanging the genealogical data essential to the genealogical research process.
- Utilities for GEDCOM 5.5 to GEDCOM X Conversion, Java utility on Github
- GRAMPS - User - GEDCOM X (was Re: Enhancements to place hierarchy), By DS Blank, 25 Jan 2015, Proposal.