GEPS 001: Relationship type event link
This page is for a description of the design to create a relationship type - event type link for use in reports.
The problem is the following: a family has a relationship type, and a set of events. For reports one needs to know what to print. Examples:
- A family with relationship Unmarried and a Marriage event ?
- A family with relationship married and a Marriage and Divorce event ?
- A family with relationship Unmarried and no events?
- A family with relationship civil union, how to indicate begin and end of this union ?
The general built in solution would be the following:
5 relationship types
GRAMPS is given 5 standard relationship types, as opposed to the present four:
- Married : any religeous union
- Civil Union: any civil legal union
- Living Together: people living together without religeous or legal union
- Unmarried: a family with no bond whatsoever (for bastard children, ...)
- Unknown : Unknown
This means one new custom type is added to make the difference between Unmarried living together and Unmarried living apart.