Instructions on creating the Debian .deb package:
- ensure you have a working build environment; for example, see Running a development version of Gramps
- in addition, you'll need several more tools:
sudo apt-get install devscripts sudo apt-get install dpkg-dev sudo apt-get install fakeroot sudo apt-get install debhelper sudo apt-get install libgconf2-dev
- check out the necessary version; for example, to build the .deb file for GRAMPS version 2.2.9, you'll want to run:
mkdir ~/gramps cd ~/gramps svn co https://gramps.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gramps/tags/gramps-2.2.9
- confirm that everything builds:
- create the .deb package:
cd debian export DEBEMAIL='[email protected]' export DEBFULLNAME='Stephane Charette' dch -v 2.2.9-1 "New upstream release" cd .. dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot
- Remember to modify DEBEMAIL and DEBFULLNAME to reflect your e-mail and name.
- release the .deb files:
cd .. ls *.deb
- Note the 2 files gramps_2.2.9-1_all.deb and gramps-help_2.2.9-1_all.deb, both of which need to be uploaded to ftp://upload.sourceforge.net/incoming/.
- The details on how things are going to be packaged into deb files, what are the dependencies, the pre- and post- install and removal scripts etc are under debian/ directory. Please refer to the Debian New Maintainers' Guide for further details.