Difference between revisions of "Contact"
|Line 27:||Line 27:|
Please, mail the Developers mailing list
Please, mail the Developers mailing list [http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-devel subscribe ]with the wiki page containing the infringement, as well as the manner of infringement.
Revision as of 23:21, 1 March 2007
There are several ways to report a bug, including the GRAMPS Bugs mailing list. You do not have to be a member of this lists to post.
However, the best way to report a bug is to use the GRAMPS Bug Tracker. This allows us to follow a formal method of tracking and resolving your report. Due to the high volume of email that the primary developers receive, there is always a chance that an email may slip through the cracks. Using the bug tracker will make sure that your issue will be handled.
Requesting an enhancement can be done either through the gramps-users or gramps-devel mailing lists, or by creating a feature item on the bug tracker. We would prefer that serious requests get submitted to the bug tracker. You click on Report Issue, and select feature as a severity. Again, this allows us to formally track the request.
There are several mailing lists on various topics related to GRAMPS:
- gramps-announce (subscribe, archives)
- Announcements and general important news items. Very low traffic.
- gramps-users (subscribe, archives)
- Discussions on using GRAMPS. Medium traffic.
- gramps-bugs (subscribe, archives)
- Filing and tracking of bugs in the software. Low traffic
- gramps-windows (subscribe, archives)
- Issues specifically related to GRAMPS on Microsoft Windows. Medium traffic.
- gramps-devel (subscribe, archives)
- For issues relating to software development. Medium traffic.
Please feel free to drop by on channel #gramps over at irc.freenode.net server. All users and developers are welcome!
A set of forums for the GRAMPS community used to be located at http://forum.gramps-project.org site. Due to spam attacks consuming most of our bandwidth, we have had to temporarily disable the forums.
Please, mail the Developers mailing list (subscribe first) with the wiki page containing the infringement, as well as the manner of infringement.