Template:Using Gramps/terms contents
Gramps uses the language of genealogists. Sometimes this might be a bit daunting. An overview of terms used follows, with the meaning as used in Gramps, and with suggestions on how to work with these objects.
- Events - What is an event, how to use it, which events are predefined?
- Citations - What is meant by a citation, how to use them?
- Sources - What is meant by a source, how to use a source reference?
- Repositories - Is your home a repository? The web?
- Places - How should you organize your places?
- Tags - What are tags? are they different then markers or filters?
- Attributes - What is an attribute, how to use it, which attributes are predefined?
- Overview of terms - Address, call name, ...
- Gramps Glossary - overview of terms that appear in Gramps, with a short description, and a link to relevant articles.
- Genealogy Glossary - of genealogical terms details some of the most common terms you are likely to come across during your family search.