The Gramps Developers have released:
Version 3.3.0 of Gramps! The "Prelude to the next version", a new major release.
- many translation updates: Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Irish, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Slovenian, Swedish, Ukrainian, and more!
- new “person name” dialog and workflow with better (or new!) support for nickname, complicated multiple surnames, patronymic as surname, family nickname, and name format preferences
- gramplet bottombar and sidebar per view, with new gramplets such as details view and image metadata viewer/editor
- ability to tag objects; this is the next version of what used to be called “markers” in previous versions of Gramps
- geography view now uses osm-gps-map
- new locality field in the place editor; hierarchy is now: Country, State, County, City, Locality, Street
- automatic check and upgrade of plugins on startup
- improved merge support of objects
- better descendant/ancestor tree reports
- undo/redo on entry fields (CTRL+Z, CTRL+⇧ Shift+Z)
- backup option in the exporter
- exporter based on filters with preview
- many more changes; see What’s new.