GRAMPS 0.7.2 has been released.
- New Brazilian-Portuguese translation (Marcos Bedinelli)
- Python Imaging Library no longer required for several report formats.
- Better sizing of images in reports (Bruce DeGrasse)
- An image subdirectory name can now be specified in the WebPage generation. This allows you to specify the subdirectory (or absence of a subdirectory) where images are placed when generating a web site.
- Merging allows you to choose the GRAMPS ID of the merged person.
- Better handling of auto completion of names, places, and other items.
- Ability to rerun Startup dialog when necessary
- More information in the Startup dialog
- Fewer intermediate files when handling images for reports
- Reports are now plugins, stored in the DocGen library
- Filter out control characters on GEDCOM import
- New document format generators for SVG and PostScript.
- Improved document format generators for LaTeX (Donald Peterson), KWord (Bruce DeGrasse), and AbiWord.
- Names now have a type (e.g. "Married Name", "Birth Name") associated with them.
- Eliminated the intermediate dialog box on importing - GRAMPS now always appends to the current database.
- If an imported GEDCOM contains REFN tags, they are correlated to the GRAMPS ID if possible.