Gramps 0.3.1 has been released. This release is mostly a bug fix. With the help of several users, the support for Python 2.X (Mandrake, SuSE,
and other releases) should be signficantly better. Python 2.X users will still need to build from the source tarball. Thanks to John Weeks and
Andreas Guelzow for their patiences and hard work.
A lot of bugs have been eliminated in this release. I'm sure that all of them are not gone, so keep sending the bug reports.
The German translation has become pretty solid, a lot faster that I had expected. Thanks to Bernd for all his work.
Those of you with large databases should notice that gramps is almost twice as fast loading your databases.
Finally, I have added a new report section called "Web Site". This will eventually replace the "Individual web pages" report. The format is
similar to the Individual Summary page, giving you control over the fonts and styles, but in addition it generates links to the other pages
that it generates. Try it out, and send back your comments. When it is good enough, the "Individual web pages" report will go away.
- Improved Web Site generation (changed from Individual Web Pages)
- Faster load times for XML database
- Fixed unicode problems with Python 2.0
- Improved GEDCOM exporter
- Use the GRAMPSDIR environment variable in the shell script to determine the root path instead of dynamically doing it by attempting to look at __file__ in const.py
- Added better GEDCOM importing for files generated by Brother's Keeper and Reunion.