The Gramps wiki database is currently being backed up. Please check back in a couple of hours.
Welcome to the Gramps Developers Portal! This area is for people interested in helping with the development of the Gramps program.
Gramps is programmed in the Python language.
If you are an adventurous user, have some technical experience, or have a programming background, you might like to try Getting started with Gramps master.
You might want to start with obtaining the source code or have a look at Getting started with Gramps development. Once you have the code, writing a report or a quick report is a great way to learn to navigate through the codebase; see also Addons development. After getting familiar with Gramps, you might want to help work on a proposal, or make a proposal yourself you want to spend time on. Both can be done at the Proposals Portal, in collaboration with the bug/feature tracker.
- Bug triage
- Debugging Gramps
- Developer policies
- Getting started with Gramps development
- Addons development
- Gramps-devel mailing list
- Official committing policies
- Process for creating a Gramps source package
- Project License
- Programming guidelines
- Git tutorial - used for Gramps and addons development. (for Gramps 4.2 and newer)
- Subversion (SVN) tutorial - used for addons development (for Gramps 4.1 and older)
- Translation tutorial
- UI style guidelines
- Using database API
- Signals and Callbacks
- Using the bug tracker
- What to do for a new Gramps release
- Python 3 String I/O
- Python, Gtk3 tutorial
- Gramps Code Documentation and simple UML (svg).