→Family Lines Graph
[[Image:Familylines_graphviz.png|thumb|250px|Fig. 8.18 ]]
This plugin uses [http://www.graphviz.org/ GraphViz]. GraphViz takes the .gv files and creates the final files, such as .gif, .png, .pdf, .ps, etc.
This first tab allows several GraphViz options to be set:
====People of Interest====
xx People of Interest]]
The FamilyLines.py plugin works by starting with a list of "people of interest". This initial list of people is then used to find both ancestors and descendants.
* ''People of interest'': click on "+" and "-" to add/remove people of interest. When in doubt, try adding your grandparents as a starting place.
xx Family Colors]]
Select the colour to use for people with a specific surname. Click on "+" or "-" to add a surname. Double-click on a surname to edit the colour.
* ''Males'', ''Females'', ''Unknown'': the colour to use for people whose surname doesn't match any of the names on the "Family Colours" tab.
* ''Families'': the colour to use for families (weddings).
200px|Fig. xx Options]]
* ''Include dates'': date of birth, date of death, and marriage dates will be included in the graph when this is selected.
* ''Include places'': place of birth, place of death, and place of marriage will be included in the graph when this is selected.