no edit summary
* end of March 2009: decision of the final 3.2 Roadmap (this document). Every main goal and database change needs at minimum one developer and one reviewer.
* June 2009: database changes finished and merged back in trunk
* November 2009: main goals merged back in trunk
* Beginning of 2010: Release
Changes to the way developers handle the workflow. This will be decided by the core developers in the near future.
Required minimum pylint score ? This would require all present code to at least obtain this score?* svn branches for database changes and main goals? Can everybody with commit rights make a branch or only admins? * Decision on the definition of the different parts of GRAMPS. What do we allow as plugins, views, gramplets, ... ? How do we offer the user a non-confusing image of what GRAMPS is? This starts in version 3.1 with not distributing some parts of GRAMPS that are present in the subversion repository.
* change to PyGTK 2.12. Reason: Move away from libglade to GtkBuilder. Info: [http://www.micahcarrick.com/05-30-2008/gtk-builder-libglade-faq.html], example: [http://www.micahcarrick.com/01-01-2008/gtk-glade-tutorial-part-3.html]. ''Developers'': ? - ''Reviewers'': ?
==Database backend changes==
Are there features that require database change? This should happen in the beginning of the development cycle. List your requirements here. Database changes should be started in subversion branches (see commands eg [http://matforge.org/fipy/browser/trunk/documentation/ADMINISTRATA.txt here])
This section lists main goals developers want to achieve with GRAMPS 3.2. Main goals should be started in subversion branches (see commands eg [http://matforge.org/fipy/browser/trunk/documentation/ADMINISTRATA.txt here])
* '''File Organization (GEPS 008)''': bug tracker:[http://www.gramps-project.org/bugs/view.php?id=2622]. ''Developers'': ? - ''Reviewers'': ?
This section lists minor goals developers want to achieve. Changes to plugins are normally minor goals !! Minor goals can be done by one developers alone.
* '''Fully functional GeoView''': bug tracker: TODO. GeoView has some way to go to be on the level needed to allow inclusion in GRAMPS. ''Developers'': ?
* '''Remove memory leaks present in glade loading code'''. bug tracker: [http://www.gramps-project.org/bugs/view.php?id=2616]. ''Developers'': ?