There is no registration required to read this wiki or download and install Gramps. You only need an account to edit this wiki.
Here you find a glossary of genealogical terms. For terms appearing in Gramps see Gramps Glossary.
- process of making something English
- acronym: deoxyribonucleic acid
- a nucleic acid that carries genetic information
- Family Tree
- generic: a representation of Genealogical data
- in Gramps: a set of Genealogical data collected into a database file
- acronym: Genealogy Data Communication
- a format for exchanging genealogy data
- the organized historical accounting of the descent of something that can be traced from an progenitor
- the study of ancestral and descendant lines
- personal name based on the name of one's mother
- personal name based on the name of one's father
- linguistic representation of a word in the Roman (Latin) alphabet