GEPS 037: Support GEDCOM X
(Redirected from GEPS 037: Support GEDCOMX)
The purpose of this GEPS is to provide a proposal to support the GEDCOM X file format.
Example GEDCOM X file
- Example .gedx files:
- TODO# Maybe create or find a "GEDCOMX tourture test" so that we can exercise an importer and exporter.
GEDCOM X compatibility with Gramps XML format
- TODO# Document and explore:
Does GEDCOM X support all of Gramps?
Does Gramps support all of GEDCOM X?
GEDCOM and Gramps
For the older version see Gramps and GEDCOM
- GEDCOM X is a set of open specifications for exchanging the genealogical data essential to the genealogical research process.
- Utilities for GEDCOM 5.5 to GEDCOM X Conversion, Java utility on Github
- GRAMPS - User - GEDCOM X (was Re: Enhancements to place hierarchy), By DS Blank, 25 Jan 2015, Proposal.
- 2012-08-31 GEDCOM X: no industry standard:FamilySearch abandons GEDCOM X push