This is a Third-party Addon.
Please use carefully on data that is backed up, and help make it better by reporting any comments or problems to the author, or issues to the bug tracker
The larger the number of people in the Family Tree
The longer the chart will take to appear.
The Quilt View Chart is an interactive Charts category view addon that presents your family tree in the form of a grid. Quilts allow the visualization of large genealogies up to several thousand individuals, by using a diagonally-filled matrix, where rows are individuals and columns are nuclear families.
- 1 Usage
- 1.1 Available actions
- 1.2 The search bar
- 1.3 Configure Options
- 2 See also
From the Charts category view select the Quilt Chart icon or select View > Quilt Chart from the menu.
Move the mouse hover people
If the "Center the selected person" is not selected, one path is drawn for the person below the mouse.
Move the mouse hover families
If the "Center the selected person" is not selected, one tooltip with the family name is shown below the mouse.
Click on one person
The popup menu for the person selected is displayed.
The person editor is called.
Click on one family
The popup menu for the family selected is displayed.
The family editor is called.
The search bar
When you have a big tree, it is difficult to find a person. This bar is used to select people and show the filtered name(s) in a drop down menu.
This button is used to clear the entry filed for the dropdown menu.
On the label string, you have three values :
- The first one is the number of the selected persons. The lower this number is, the smaller will be the list.
- The second one is the number of people show on the tree. This number depends on the active person.
- The third and last is the number of people in the current database.
Another image which show the dropdown menu.
Select View > Configure... from the menu to change the following:
General options tab:
- Center the selected person. The new position will be near the top left corner (checkbox selected by default). If this option is selected, you don't see the paths and you have no tooltips when hover families.
- The path color:
- The selected person color:
- The path transparency: slider that defaults to 6 out (1 to 9).
- Quilts - GEPS_030: New Visualization Techniques
- Based on GeneaQuilts