Adding existing people to Family
This tutorial will show you how to add an existing person to an existing family (father/mother) combination, or a single father or single mother.
How do I add existing people to Family?
Using the Relationships Category view
1. Select People in the left menu column.
2. Select the Existing Person
3. Click Relationships in the left menu column. The person's name you selected under existing person will appear in the top left of the middle area of the Gramps display.
4. Select the get existing parents' button (see red circle below)
5. The selection window will pop up.
6. I like to click on Father to sort by father.
7. Click on the Father/Mother combination you want.
8. Click the Ok button.
9. You have now added an existing person to a father/mother family.
You could do the same if there is only a father or mother, just select that family.