Gramps is a Free Software Project for Genealogy, offering a professional genealogy program, and a wiki open to all. It is a community project, created, developed and governed by genealogists.
- Installation: Install Gramps, the Genealogical Research and Analysis Management Programming System right away. Gramps currently runs on Linux, MAC OS X, and Windows. Guides for installation on all three (plus BSD and Solaris) are available.
- Addons: Extend your installed Gramps with third-party plugins to add additional functions. Includes many additional Filters, Tools, Reports, Views, Web Pages, and Gramplets.
- Documentation: Read the User's Manual and reviews, discover the features of Gramps, learn by example or improve your Gramps knowledge with tutorials.
- Genealogy: Learn more about genealogy. What are the best sources, where to find information, how to store it, ...?
Gramps 3.4.4 (The "The Ministry of Silly Names" bug fix) released.
In order to fix some bugs introduced in 3.4.3 and to prepare for the
imminent release of version 4.0.0, the Gramps team releases version 3.4.4.
We advise everybody on 3.x versions to upgrade to this latest and most
stable of Gramps versions.
For all users on Linux versions older than
October 2012, the 3.4 releases will be the last versions of Gramps that can
be easily installed. Therefore, bug fixes will continue for the 3.4 series
for at least another year.
Most important changes:
- 6515 infinite recursion bug in narrative web generation
- protection on family trees when using version 3.4 and 4.0 on the same PC (road to 4.0)
- merging notes of media with citations now works
- 6493: crash during Calculate Preview of a filtered XML export
- fix annoying errors on navigation related to citations gramplet and tag object.
- 6483: listing the Family Trees can corrupt them.
Other changes are:
- various fix around handling Gedcom file format
- fix citations and sources import on ProGen format
- better date handling and better alternate translation support on some textual reports according to locale under windows
- avoid Errors when setting wrong value as markup for invalid dates (Preferences)
- fix paragraph layout on PDF format or print output
- New: New-Zealand holidays
- Polish and backport code on XML import (road to 4.0)
- Regular expression rules now use search rather than match, fix design issues on regex filter rules
- Disable/Enable indent spouse on descendants tree
- fix regular expressions on Place filter rule
- consistency on cli arguments (road to 4.0)
- fix call of non-existant process on references proxy, enhanced tests on proxy filter
- fix NarWeb creation via cli for some non-english locales
- Various updated translations: ca, de, fr, it, nl, pt_BR, ru, sv, uk
See the Changelog for more details.