GEPS 024: Certificates
A Gramps Certificate is defined to be a method for creating and storing genealogical information from a document. For example, one might create a Census Certificate that would allow users to enter data straight from a Census sheet. The associated data would be stored in a well-defined location in the database, and in exported file formats.
- A manner to create, and edit over time, a certificate definition
- See Gramps Census XML format
- A way to view the certificate
- A way to map certificate fields onto database items
- A way to recreate the document from the database (see Gramps Census Report)
One important aspect to consider is the manner to store the Certificate data in a well-defined, GEDCOM-exportable manner.