This page could be a directory of existing reports useful for genealogical practices.
We can find some resources on this ftp
OpenSource programs web demos
- Geneweb allows us to generate online reports with his database example. Useful place/surname report for genealogical search.
- Geneotree made a demo.
- Lifelines offers multiples reports listed on this directory.
- Retrospect-gds and his database example
- Geneamania demo (french)
- Genj contributions (french), which have more screenshots than primary GenealogyJ web site (english).
- ged2www and his GPL-child GénàToile.
The figure below shows an example of a Descendants charts that can be produced from the shareware Gene program (which runs on the 'classic' Mac OS). The original output is designed (in this case) for A4 landscape printing, so the whole chart fits across the page, and would probably cover two pages downwards. (The print mechanism cleverly prints right to the top and bottom of the printable area, so there is no wasted space, and the bottom of the print is not lost over the unprintable area). The application can produce ancestor or descendant charts. There are option for the amount of information shown for the people, and the page layout can either be landscape or portrait.
This chart is noteworthy because the application very cleverly lays out the chart so that it is very compact but still shows each generation on the same level. I have not seen such a compact and clear layout in any other application.
The chart is of the British royal family starting from King George V; the gedcon is available on the net as royal92.ged